Hong Kong (HK)

Jurisdiction Overview

273 *Are annual accounts submitted to a public authority? No
 Data Date: 2019


Only partnerships that carry business in Hong Kong and have taxable income are required to sumbit financial statements annually: "In respect of partnerships/trusts which carry on business in Hong Kong and chargeable to profits tax, tax returns are to be filed with IRD [Inland Revenue Department]annually. For those companies/ partnerships/trusts that are not chargeable to profits tax (e.g. those that have sustained losses continuously or have ceased business and not yet recommenced business), the IRD will issue tax returns to them every two to three years to review their tax positions for a particular review year as well as the previous years." (GF 2019: 71; [TJN's Note]).


GF 2019: 71